Monday 10 October 2011

On the Home Stretch

I am back at uni and I feel as if the fast forward button has been pressed on me! I am inundated with assignments, weekly questions and end of year major assignments. Every waking minute is spent on homework. I am pushing through, taking it one step at a time.

Another part of my life is being a part of the Intercomm committee (Public Relations Institute of Australia's young practitioners group). We regularly organise events to encourage young/new practitioners to engage with our profession. On Tuesday the 11th of October we are holding our last event of the year, featuring the winners of PRIA's Golden Target Awards. I am excited to listen and learn from some stars of our industry as I aim to continuously learn and strive to better myself.

I encourage all people in the industry to come along to Intercomm or PRIA events as networking is so important to build relationships and your personal brand - get your name out there!

In other news...university is slowly drawing to an end. This is both daunting and exciting. In the last week, I have been asked to do some freelance writing work which I accepted as I like to challenge myself. It has given me a taste of the working world. I hope to continue this as I enjoy writing, while I also hope to find a position where I can apply my PR theory and practice to real world PR.

Seven weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment