Tuesday 27 September 2011

Holidays, Graduations & Grand Final

I am still on holidays and although I am using the time somewhat for study, I am also resting and loving it! I am trying to get a head start on assignments because trial and error has taught me that if I don't, I stress myself out way too much. I learnt this last year when I found myself overcome with stress when I had more to do than I knew how.

I attended my partner's graduation on Monday. It was exciting for me to see the graduates in their cap and gowns. It really was a grand occasion. I wish I could fast-forward to my graduation early next year but only hard work and dedication will ensure that day comes. Finishing a degree is a proud moment. It also makes me realise that we (myself and friends) are blessed to have such a high level of education and head start into the working world. I consider myself very lucky.

On another note, it is grand final week and many people are organising barbecues or gatherings to watch all the action. I am part of the majority that love the footy. I think this is because I have had football in my family since before I was born. My father, brothers, grandfather, uncle and cousin have all played football, some excelling in their achievements. I am therefore very excited about this weekend and all that goes with it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, whether you are a football fan or not. I saw a quite humorous group on Facebook relating to the grand final that some might appreciate. "It is not Collingwood V Geelong, it is Collingwood V the rest of Australia!"

No comments:

Post a Comment